About Us 👋
We’re a design and development studio based in Brighton, UK. We strive to create extraordinary digital experiences. We specialise in crafting high-end web and mobile applications, with passion to merge the digital and physical through IoT, AR, VR, and other emerging technologies. Our lean, iterative process is proven to create better, immediately-lovable products. We innovate with brands such as Google, Tesco, Channel 4, H+H, and others across the globe to deliver meaningful user experiences to millions of people.
We’re looking for an experienced full-time senior Android developer to join our vibrant team!
We’re looking for someone capable and confident with a solid background in native Android development. You’ll have a fervent belief in simplicity and you are meticulous and pay attention to even the most tiny, beautiful and human details.
You’ll be leading and assisting Android development on interesting and innovative projects, from the initial concepts through to the final product.
You’ll work closely with our talented Design team in Brighton, UK (we’d consider remote working for the right candidate) to create magical customer experiences with your Android mastery.
What we are looking for 😍
- Extensive knowledge of Java and Android Frameworks
- Extensive experience working on published Play Store apps
- A flexibility and willingness to work on other domains when the need arises, could be iOS and/or Backend (REST API) web services
- A passion and understanding of TDD and other Agile software development practises like code reviews, pair programming & Continuous Integration
- A strong background in OOP with good knowledge of app patterns e.g. MVC, MVP
- Work closely with our award-winning Design team
- Mastered Git
- A BSc in CompSci (or equivalent) degree would be great, but industry experience is more important
- Help us with pre-sales activities like high level analysis and estimation.
- Enjoy feeding into the design of the experiences you build and effectively communicate with both peers and clients
- Capable of hiring and mentoring others in the team
- You’re a nice person. You listen. You share ideas. You’re selfless and not just keen to help others, but empower them.
- Bonus points for: experience with RxJava, Dagger, testing frameworks, cycling enthusiam, a love of food and a special dance.
Why join ribot? 🚀
- The opportunity to work on globally-influential and industry-defining projects
- A friendly, highly talented and award-winning team to collaborate with
- A healthy salary (negotiable)
- A tasty new MacBook and any tools you need
- Flexible, family-friendly working hours
- Your personal ribot hex code (the most important thing!)
Are you interested, and think you’re right for the role? Introduce yourself, send us your resume and links to your best work to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Add in examples of where you’ve customised core UI components, used interesting frameworks or basically experimented with new tech for the good of the end UX.